problems with refresh rate of Xwin at win2000prof

Pavel Rosenboim pavelr@coresma.com
Wed Nov 26 13:17:00 GMT 2003

Khamenia, Valery wrote:

> Hi Dear All,
>
> Problem 1:
>   The refresh rate of my Xwin is too low.
>   I run Xwin at my Win2000prof.
>   The PC is good enough (Pentium 1.7GHz, 100Mbits/s Ethernet)
>   I run kde remotely at PC with Linux and redirect displaying to
>   my Win2000prof where Xwin is running.
>   The refresh rate I get is about 1Hz :(

How do you measure your refresh rate? I never seen a monitor that worked
with vertical refresh rate of 1Hz.

> Problem 2:
>   Starting Xwin with "-refreshrate 25" (also with other integral
>   parameters) causes Xwin to exit.

According to man XWin, the correct option is -refresh. Which is valid
when you run in fullscreen mode with DirectDraw engine. You should try
to run
XWin -refresh xx -engine 4 -fullscreen.

Also, I don't think 25Hz is a valid refresh rate for any monitor.

Pavel.