Mississippi -> Miiippi

Thomas Chadwick j_tetazoo@hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 12:51:00 GMT 2003

Oh, OK.  In that case, maybe rsh would be a useful alternative?  Here's
something I do all the time from the local host running the Cygwin Xserver:

    xhost remotehost
    rsh remotehost xterm -display localhost:0 &

You can even wrap it inside a shell script:

    #!/bin/sh

    rhost=$1
    lhost=`hostname`

    xhost $rhost
    rsh $rhost xterm -display $lhost:0

If you save this as, say, "rxterm", you'd call it with simply:

    rxterm remotehostname