Copy / Paste

Cliff Stanford cliff@may.be
Mon Oct 13 11:03:00 GMT 2003

Copy and paste to and from windows applications seems to be a lot more
stable now with the latest patches (thanks).  However, I still have the
problem that, when I highlight something in an X window, it immediately
un-highlights itself.

I start XWin from /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.bat with the following
command:

start XWin -multiwindow -nounixkill -clipboard -nowinkill

If I leave off the -clipboard, highlighting works as expected.  If I
then run clipbrd.exe I get the same behaviour as with the -clipboard
option.

Is this expected behaviour?  Or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,
Cliff.

P.S.  And does anyone have a cure for my constantly pressing the
right-button in windows applications and wondering why it doesn't paste
anything? :-)
--
Cliff Stanford
Might Limited                              +44 20 7257 2000 (Office)