Cygwin Setup 99%

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Oct 13 22:14:00 GMT 2003

Wayne,

While we can't expect everyone to do a thorough mailing list archive
search before posting, we do at least expect them to look at the posts
from today.  You problem has been reported before, and was, in fact,
reported again today:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-10/msg00134.html

The problem is known.  You can just move
/etc/postinstall/XFree86-bin-icons.sh to
/etc/postinstall/XFree86-bin-icons.sh.done.  Then, from a Cygwin bash
shell run '/usr/XFree86/bin/XFree86-bin-icons.sh'.  That should create
the icons for you.  The problem right now is that one of the utilities
we use hangs when we run the script from setup.exe, but it does not hang
when we run the script from a bash shell.  The problem is being looked into.

Harold