X -multiwindow: Bug in Maximize Window?

Hans Kreil kreil@verwaltung.fh-augsburg.de
Tue Oct 14 07:32:00 GMT 2003

I am running "X -multiwindow" on NT 4.0 and display
Mozilla  from a remote linux machine.

When I try to maximize the Window, Mozilla and X
become very confused.

It doesnt happen for me if I resize Mozilla before I maximize it.
It also doesnt happen for me if Mozilla starts with a small window.

Steps to reproduze:
X -multiwindow &
export DISPLAY=localhost:0
xhost + "Remote"

On remote:
export DISPLAY=cygwin-box:0
mozilla
    maximize mozilla
    exit mozilla

Start mozilla again:
    mozilla should open now  with a display size that is equivalent to
    the maximized window, because it remembers its last
    size.

    Move the window somewhere on the screen

    Click "maximize"

God the same behavior for netscape 4.7.
Same for 2 machines with different graphic cards.

Any ideas?

HK.