xman - Not showing X man pages?

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Oct 17 07:29:00 GMT 2003

xman doesn't list X man pages.  Yet, /etc/man.config seems to imply that
/usr/X11R6/bin is in the MANPATH, but running 'set' shows that this is
not the case.  Does man.config get read only by man, not xman?  Does
xman look only at the MANPATH environment variable?

If xman only looks at the MANPATH environment variable, then do we need
to add /usr/X11R6/man to MANPATH via a script in /etc/profile.d?  I
manually added /usr/X11R6/man to the MANPATH and got xman to start
showing the X man pages, which leads me to believe that this would be
the correct solution.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,