Can Not Install Font Packages

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Oct 20 19:09:00 GMT 2003

Igor,

The problem has been happening less often, but I am all for fixing it
permanently.

It sounds to me like a pre-remove script would function at the wrong
time, if my assumption that the pre-remove script is run before the
files are removed is correct.  Sounds to me like we would need a
post-remove script that had unmounted the directory if it was still mounted.

Also, neither a pre-remove nor a post-remove script would work in this
case.  The problem here is that his alternate hard drive crashed, thus
no remove scripts were ever run.  Upon reinstalling Cygwin he had a
problem because the package is unpacked to its destination directory
before any scripts are run.  Setup was trying to write files to a mount
point that didn't exist.

Maybe this needs a more generic fix in setup.exe to detect when it is
attempting to write files to a mount point that doesn't have an actual
location on disk.  Perhaps in that case it could either fail
(acceptable) or present a dialog asking if the mount should be removed
and the unpacking tried again.

What do you think?

Harold