Copy/Paste problems due to speed of xdm login process

Jay Smith jay@JaySmith.com
Fri Oct 24 20:33:00 GMT 2003

Hi Harold, Kensuke, et al....

The copy/paste is working *much* better after your recent fix.  However, I
am having a very serious problem with it -- the copy/paste functionality
only works if I login *extremely* fast to the XDM.  I am a fast typist, but
I can only login fast enough about half of the time.

About 18 months ago (?) back when we were using xwinclip -- before it was
integrated into the main program -- we had to put a "sleep" into the script
to provide enough time for the communication to take place so that xwinclip
would function.

After xwinclip became integrated into the program, none of this was a
problem, until I installed the new Cygwin a couple weeks ago.

Can you do something to allow adequate time to login so that the copy/paste
will function?

Jay

--
Jay Smith