http://lesstif.sourceforge.net/INSTALL.html#compile_Windows

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Oct 24 20:50:00 GMT 2003

Brian Ford wrote:
> Um..., great!  But..., I wasn't *just* trying to get a shared build, or
> *just* trying to fix mwm's Close bug.  At least with your new static lib
> build (lesstif-0.93.91-2), none of our apps work anymore.  They all die
> with error messages like I quoted below.

The -2 build was borked.  I linked the static versions of the libs
against the shared version of Xt, this is why it fails to work properly.
  I got confused during the packaging and forgot to switch the libs to
shared.

The new -3 build uses shared libs and everything should be fine again.

> Any chance you/Nicholas did something to fix these too?  Any chance of
> previewing that package to see if it WFU (that would be "Works For Us")
> :)?

Yes, see above.

As for a WFU, I don't want to publish Nicholas's package address, but I
have uploaded the binary and source packages here:

http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/lesstif/lesstif-0.93.91-3.tar.bz2
(3.1 MiB)
http://www.msu.edu/~huntharo/cygwin/lesstif/lesstif-0.93.91-3-src.tar.bz2
(2.98 MiB)

I am almost done with a rebuild of the source package on my machine.  I
will post the packages afterwards if the build completes.

> BTW, I still can't reproduct the Close bug because I still can't get mwm
> to let me move a window, or pop up a menu from the title bar.  This is
> strange because it happens to me with stock lesstif/XFree86 on both NT4
> and XP.  I guess nobody else see this?

Hmm... I still can't reproduce the problem of not being able to move a
window.  You have tried running with both "-rootless" and without any
flags at all right (which would run in windowed mode.  You aren't using
-multiwindow when testing mwm, right?  That might cause the sort of
problem you are describing.