host cygwin/xfree86 code on sources.redhat.com

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Oct 27 21:22:00 GMT 2003

I have thought about it.

There are really two phases to this:

1) Maintain a fork of the 4.3.0 tree for builds and bug fixes for a few
months.

2) Work in parallel on autotooling the Cygwin/X build so we can build on
the xserver tree on freedesktop.org.  This is more of an experimental
setup.  It will require a lot of work and won't be ready for some time.

I don't want to get into all of the details right now... I am still
thinking about this.

Thanks for your insight,

Harold