XFree86 for cygwin installation hanging - a clarification

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Oct 28 05:48:00 GMT 2003

Paul,

Did you see my reply?  I said to skip the XFree86-bin-icons package as a
work-around or to delete a particular file.  Please read the reply and
let me know if it helps:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2003-10/msg00332.html

Also, you want the XFree86-startup-scripts package, and you want to use
startxwin.bat to start XWin.exe.  Please see the following User's Guide
section:

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using.html#using-starting-bat

Hope that helps,

Harold