freetype2, fontconfig, and rebuild of dependent packages coming shortly

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Wed Oct 29 00:29:00 GMT 2003

Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>

>>A release of the new freetype2 and fontconfig packages, as
>>well as a rebuild of all dependent packages, will be coming
>>later tonight.  Please be patient.
>

> Is there anything wrong with fontconfig 2.2.1 ? I noticed you
> mentioned 2.2.0 in the last e-mails.
>
> The changes:
> http://mail.fontconfig.org/pipermail/fontconfig/2003-June/000437.html

The release page only links to 2.2.0:

http://freedesktop.org/software/fontconfig

In my discussions with Keith, he hasn't mentioned that 2.2.0 wasn't the
latest "stable" version.  He has mentioned the 2.3.0 pre-releases better
known as 2.2.9x... but I think he said to stick with 2.2.0 because it
was the latest stable release.  I could be wrong though.

In any case, it will be much easier to release a newer version of
fontconfig after one is out the door.  There is a lot of legwork in
getting this done the first time.