Xwin -clipboard => Xlib: connection refused, no protocol specifi ed

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Oct 31 17:36:00 GMT 2003

Pille,

Pille Geert (bizvdm) wrote:

> Hallo H.,
>
> When I start Xwin with the clipboard option, Xwin can be used with
> DISPLAY=2.1.12.24:0.0  (ie. on the IP-address of my PC).  But the inbuilt
> clipboard seems to ignore this, and tries to contact 127.0.0.1:0.0 in vain.

You are correct, the 127.0.0.1 is hard-coded.  Perhaps we should try
that is not currently a feature in the code.  It could essentially be
copied and pasted from xwinclip into the relevant portion of
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin.