New package: xwinclip-1.2.0-1

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Oct 31 17:44:00 GMT 2003

Jordi,

Jordi Vila wrote:

> Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote in news:3FA0B3EE.7010500@msu.edu:
>

>>The xwinclip-1.2.0-1 package has been updated in the Cygwin distribution.
>
> Have you posted this new package? The -clipboard option does not work.
> Currenty I'm starting xwin using the following command line:

Yeah, it is up there, here is one mirror that has it:

http://mirrors.rcn.net/pub/sourceware/cygwin/release/XFree86/xwinclip/

> start XWin -multiwindow -clipboard
>
> It works flawlessly, but without clipboard integration between windows-2000
> and XWindows.

Really?  Check /tmp/XWin.log, or bzip2 it and send it in.

> I used to solve this issue using xwinclip, but in the latest
> revision, the XFree-xwinclip package has been removed from the
> distribution.

The XFree86-xwinclip package was renamed to xwinclip.  It is still in
the 'XFree86' package category.  Try another mirror if it has not shown
up yet.