startxwin.bat

Harsh Vardhan hxv@fluent.co.in
Thu Sep 4 14:58:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

After installing  cygwin and xfree86 on my windows2k mahcine, I started
the xserver using startxwin.bat under CYGWIN/usr/X11R6/bin. This starts
the xserver and an xterm window pops up on my screen. After this, if I
follow the following window resize operations

1. Maximize the window
2. Minimize the window
3. Maximize the window

the entire window is painted white! If I restore the window size, I can
see the contents properly, but maximizing the window size again gives a
white window.

If I use cygwin shell and run startxwin.sh, the above behavior is not
observed.

How can I fix this problem.

Harsh