Xwin stackdump while logging into RH8 with KDE as window manager

Joel Rosi-Schwartz Joel.Rosi-Schwartz@Etish.org
Fri Sep 5 09:50:00 GMT 2003

Harold,

I tried both and the behaviour prevails.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, I would like to reiterate
that the problem only occurs when I log into pre-existing kde
configurations. If I log in under a clean kde environment all is fine.
It appears to be something that I configured in the kde desktop. I am
suspicious that somewhere along the line I have set the screen
resolution from within kde, but for life of me I can not find such an
option on the kde desktop tools. I have tried giving the startX command
the -screen option, but that does not seem to alter any noticeable
behaviour.

- joel