xserver german keyboard

pnews@lomarline.freeserve.co.uk pnews@lomarline.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 11:48:00 GMT 2003

> On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 00:24:45 +1200 (NZST)
> pnews@lomarline.freeserve.co.uk wrote:
>
> > [snip]
> Q: how do i make a desktop icon on my win98 machine, which contacts
>    my XDMCP server for a remote session?
>
> A: right-click in the desktop. choose Neu(new) Verknuepfung(link).
>    as commandline type
>    c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c 'PATH=/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin XWin.exe :0 -query myserver.mydomain -once -fullscreen'
>    as "Ausfuehren in" (execution path) choose C:\
[snip]

I admire your pluck at sorting this out, but to make life simple for
yourself: Why not use explorer go to the dir C:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin
make a copy of the batch file startxdmcp.bat to a name like Xquery.bat;
Edit the new batch file to your prefrences and then using the RIGHT mouse
button in explorer, drag the new script onto the desktop choosing the
link option?