XFree86 goes into stasis when NetMeeting is running

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Sun Sep 14 21:06:00 GMT 2003

Jeffrey,

Netmeeting and Cygwin/XFree86 in fullscreen mode both need an exclusive
lock on DirectDraw.  At least, that is what makes sense to me.  One way
around this is to use the "-engine 1" command-line parameter for
XWin.exe.  This will tell XWin.exe to use the GDI based (i.e.
non-DirectDraw) engine to draw its graphics.  You will notice it is a
little more sluggish than the DirectDraw engine (which is used by
default), but it will solve your problems with NetMeeting.

Let us know if this works for you,

Harold