Fun with flex

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Tue Sep 16 04:36:00 GMT 2003

Howdy...
At 11:53 PM 9/15/2003 -0400, Christopher Faylor  wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 07:52:11PM -0700, Earle F. Philhower III wrote:
> >I have just d/l'd and installed the version of flex straight from
> >ftp.gnu.org, and it compiles everything exactly as before, pswrap and the
> >old lex grammer file winprefslex.l.  Some of the header or support files
> >must have been munged.  The version I used was:
> >$ flex --version
> >flex 2.5.31
>That's funny because that is the version that is released for cygwin.
>AFAICT, the latest version on ftp.gnu.org, in /pub/gnu/non-gnu/flex,
>is flex-2.5.4a.tar.gz.

Yes, good catch.  The shell I was running from did not get a rehash after
I did "make install" in the flex directory.  A double-check of the version
after opening a new window does show 2.5.4 as expected.  This new version was
used by make since it got a new shell to execute the commands.
$ flex --version
flex version 2.5.4

I am not having any luck d/l'ing the source files for the .31 version from
the cygwin setup app so can't really do more debug than that...

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
  http://www.cdrlabel.com