Packages to update for Cygwin 1.5.4 release?

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Tue Sep 16 13:00:00 GMT 2003

Alexander Gottwald wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>

>>I am in the middle of rebuilding Cygwin/XFree86 for Cygwin 1.5.4.
>>
>>I wanted to check with others about the list of packages that should be
>>updated for the Cygwin 1.5.4 rebuild.  Currently, I am thinking that the
>>following packages need to be updated:
>>
>>1) XFree86-bin
>>2) XFree86-fsrv
>>3) XFree86-prog
>>4) XFree86-nest
>>5) XFree86-prt
>>6) XFree86-vfb
>>7) XFree86-xserv
>

> What about
> XFree86-lib

XFree86-lib doesn't actually have any libraries or binaries in it:

http://www.cygwin.com/packages/XFree86-lib/XFree86-lib-4.3.0-1

> XFree86-xwinclip

Hmm... I have been debating whether or not it would need updating.  I
think you are probably right that it would need to be updated.

> And even if it is not required to recompile the two packages I'd update them
> to keep all binaries in sync with the other programs.
>

>>Any thoughts on what should happen with XFree86-lib-compat?
>

> I would leave it as it is now. Only 4.2 programs are still linked
> with the old dll and every program which was recompiled for cygwin
> 1.5 should have been linked with the 4.3 dlls.

Do you think it will still work?  There isn't any reason that it
shouldn't work, right?