[ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Test 100

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Sun Sep 21 18:00:00 GMT 2003

Colin,

Colin Harrison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Results for me (XP SP1 16bit colour):-
>
> Cygwin ipc stuff OK once I got my daemon installed/going (log file ownership
> problems in cygwin/tmp)!

Okay.

> XDMCP -query appearing on title.

Good.

> My XDMCP NativeGDI colours screwy (dodgy drivers I bet)..so reverted to
> detected support (DD + shadowGDI).

I think you read the first two lines of that item and skipped the last
two.  Here they are again:

Note that the byte order for 1-bit bitmaps is only configurable at
compile time, which causes the output to be totally messed up.
Although, you can at least examine how the engine currently works.

So, the point is that no one will actually use NativeGDI.  It is only
there for people to say, "Oh, looks like it is getting closer".  Putting
it in the default release also means that development on it is more
likely to occur.

> NativeGDI not available in multiwindow mode (by design?).

By design.  MultiWindow Mode only works with ShadowGDI, though I have
been intending to enable ShadowDD and ShadowDDNL support.

> Thanks

No problem.