abaqus on cygwin

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Sep 29 20:16:00 GMT 2003

Kevin,

For starters, how are you connecting to ABAQUS with Exceed?

Are you using ssh to connect to a remote machine, then launching ABAQUS
from that command-prompt?

Are you using XDMCP to get a graphical login session on the remote
machine, then clicking an icon to start ABAQUS?

Note that both of these procedures are documented in the User's Guide:

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-apps.html#using-remote-apps-ssh

http://xfree86.cygwin.com/docs/ug/using-remote-session.html

Or, are you using some entirely different mechanism, on which you will
need to elaborate if we are to be able to help you?

Harold