numlock

Alexander Gottwald Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Thu Apr 1 21:46:00 GMT 2004

Cary Jamison wrote:

> I think perhaps the other part of this question is why some X11 servers on
> other platforms don't treat numlock as a modifier but XFree86 does.  Could
> this be made configurable?

It's not the server which has problems but the clients. the clients should
be aware that num_lock is _not_ a normal modifier like control or shift.

This works for most clients but not for some rather old ones (twm and some
on ancient unices).

> I think this has been discussed before, though, so perhaps a search of the
> archives is in order...

You can disable the the numlock key with
xmodmap -e "remove mod2 = Num_Lock"

bye
    ago
NP: Placebo - Protect Me From What I Want
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723