Window Movement after display settings change

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Wed Apr 7 21:15:00 GMT 2004

Ben Jackson wrote:

> In the latest release I have the following problem (after changing display
> settings):
> - Open any x app (eg nedit, xterm)
> - Move the window
> Then updates are only applied to the rect where the window used to be, and
> the mouse will not move into the new area (into which it has moved).
>
> Anyone else getting this?
>

> Welcome to the XWin X Server
> Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
> Release: 4.3.0.67
> Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
>
> XWin was started with the following command line:
>
> XWin -multimonitors -multiwindow -clipboard -nodecoration

How is this even working?  You aren't supposed to be able to use
"-nodecoration" and "-multiwindow" together and you should not.  I swear
I checked for this combination in my command-line argument validation
that I added sometime last month...