6.7.0.0 XWin w/out -nodecoration running in background doesn't display anything

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Thu Apr 8 22:30:00 GMT 2004

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

 > What is the permanent solution to the problem?  I don't know.  I
think it may be time to finish writing the batch file that just launches
a bash shell script, but I haven't got time to work on that today.

FWIW, I use setsid to launch without the DOS window.  Works fine for me
under 2k and XP.

@echo off
SET CYGWIN_ROOT=\cygwin

SET PATH=.;%CYGWIN_ROOT%\bin;%CYGWIN_ROOT%\usr\X11R6\bin;%PATH%

if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" goto OS_NT

REM Windows 95/98/Me
echo startxwin.bat - Starting on Windows 95/98/Me

goto STARTUP

:OS_NT

REM Windows NT/2000/XP/2003
echo startxwin.bat - Starting on Windows NT/2000/XP/2003

:STARTUP

start /min sh -c "setsid startxwin.sh"