6.7.0.0 XWin w/out -nodecoration running in background doesn't display anything

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Apr 8 23:21:00 GMT 2004

Rudolf Kollien wrote:

> Hello Harold,
>
> sorry, if my question sounds stupid, but... when i can't use run in a batch
> why there is "run" used in the startxdmcp.bat? It does the job as requested.
> But only with "-nodecorations". Why can a window without border and titlebar
> can be used, but a "normal" window not?
>
> I don't want to compare to the old XFree86 (i'm glad about the new project)
> but once upon a time there where the same problem but was gone long ago.

I didn't want to get into the details of what works and what doesn't
work.  You are right that it seems to work fine with "-query", but it
doesn't work with other options.  I don't know what is going on, but I
suspect we can probably fix it by modifying either run.exe or
XWin.exe... but the other solution is to just use bash so we can do
"XWin &" instead of using start or run.  Find whatever solution you need
for the time being until it can be fixed properly.