6.7.0.0 XWin w/out -nodecoration running in background doesn't display anything

Holger Krull holger.krull@gmx.de
Fri Apr 9 14:01:00 GMT 2004

> As cygwin provides a *nix-like environment, there IS a (shell) solution. Would
> be the first problem which couldn't worked around :-)

I'm not so shure about this. At least i didn't find a solution to get
rid of the additional window, maybe someone else knows the trick.
Starting in bash with setsid, screen or & didn't help. Even if you get
back to a prompt, closing the shell means ending Xwin. Weird.

Does anyone know howto start a cmd.exe in Windows without getting a new
button in taskbar?

>>XWin.exe... but the other solution is to just use bash so we can do
>>"XWin &" instead of using start or run.  Find whatever solution you need

that's what i did up to now. But Xwin somehow keeps its connection to
the starting environment if you don't use -nodecoration.