Obtaining the docs source code?

Peter Valdemar Mørch swp5jhu02@sneakemail.com
Fri Apr 16 15:04:00 GMT 2004

Hi there,

It looks to me like
http://x.cygwin.com/docs/cg/docs-obtaining-source.html

Might be a little out of date. It outlines how one should go to a
mirror, find the xfree/devel/documentation/ directory and download
cygwin-x-doc-1.0.0.tar.gz. However a couple of mirrors I tried didn't
have a xfree/devel/documentation/ directory.

I did find this however:
http://freedesktop.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xserver/cygwin-x-doc/ug/

In here, documentation-obtaining-source.xml contains this:
<para>As of 2004/04/10 this section of the manual needs to be
rewritten.</para>
And so it is out of sync with the online Cygwin/X documentation.
Am I to assume, that it just is a matter of time before
http://x.cygwin.com/docs/cg/docs-obtaining-source.html
will reflect the above XML?

(My two previous posts have to do with patching documentation, so I
thought I'd ask this to get going on it...)

I got this to work...
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xserver login
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/xserver co cygwin-x-doc

Is this the right documentation to modify? Does anybody want the patches
afterwards?

Peter

--
Peter Valdemar Mørch