XWin -multiwindow menu problem (Was: XWinrc Bugs)

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Mon Apr 19 10:48:00 GMT 2004

Hi Rodrigo,

At 02:02 PM 4/17/2004 -0400, Rodrigo Medina wrote:
>The problems with XWinrc seem to be gone.
>Remains the problem with the 3 items menus, that I previously
>attributed to the XWinrc feature, but I now think it is a
>"XWin -multiwindow" problem. To remember the problem:
>All windows produce by "XWin -multiwindow" have a 3-items
>(Move, Size and Close) instead of the Windows standard 6-items menus.
>What the XWinrc feature has to do with this problem is that the
>XWinrc RELOAD command cures the windows previously produced by
>"XWin -multiwindow".
>XFree86 versions of XWin did not have this problem.

That's good troubleshooting, a patch that works around the W95 bug
was committed to CVS.  (Are you able to run the latest cygwin DLLs
under W95 still?  When I was running cygwin w/W95A+IE5.5sp2 under
bochs I got nothing but bluescreens in cygwin1.dll...)

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
  http://www.cdrlabel.com