how do you decorate a fullscreen root window?

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Apr 23 09:51:00 GMT 2004

Lewis_W_Brown@blm.gov wrote:

> Not so long ago, on another Windows machine, X opened it's fullscreen root
> window within a Windows window, allowing me to resize or drag it to
> partially display both the X root and Windows desktop.  This was
> convenient.
>
> Currently, I am unable to duplicate this behavior:  -fullscreen opens
> without decoration, requiring ALT-TAB to reveal any other windows;
> -fullscreen -scrollbars (a guess) fails.

Just don't use -fullscreen at all.  That opens in the default single
window mode that has a title bar that will allow you to drag the window
around.  -scrollbars should allow you to resize the window in the
default single window mode, but it hasn't been tested in a long time, so
it may be broken.