numlock

J S vervoom@hotmail.com
Fri Apr 23 12:40:00 GMT 2004

Harold,

This is simply a bug report. The FACT is that if you start XFree with the
numlock key on, the keyboard doesn't work properly. There have been plenty
of other posts about this in the past so I'm not the first to report this.
Even if you don't care about it, and it doesn't affect you, I think you'll
find a lot of users (who don't necessarily post here) have come across the
numlock issue. I know my users have, and everyone agrees this is a BUG.

No one has asked you to do the work for this though - If I can, I'll provide
the patch using Thomas' code, but as the one in charge of this project,
you're the man who says whether such a patch goes into the build. I was just
trying to get some involvement from you, maybe encouragement.

I personally liked the idea of adding a flag to the XWin command line e.g.

Xwin -numlockoff

but if you're saying this is a non-starter I won't bother.

JS.