Cygwin/X

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Apr 26 10:01:00 GMT 2004

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Charlotte Fischer wrote:

> I was recently introduced to this wonderful product and attempted to
> install it on my home computer.  It works more or less, but no home
> directory was created.

Cygwin/X itself does not create a homedirectory. It is just the graphics
system. The cygwin distribution takes care of creating the homedirectory.

> There also was an error message.

> winCheckDisplayNumber - Cygwin/X is already running on display 0
>
> Fatal server error:
> InitOutput - Duplicate invocation on display number: 0.  Exiting.

You have started Cygwin/X twice. Maybe you did not notice it has already
been started. When Cygwin/X is runnng, a X will appear in the trayarea
of the taskbar and you can start any X11 program you want.

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de