New xwin fails 2instance crashes

aroushdi aroushdi@hotmail.com
Mon Apr 26 13:18:00 GMT 2004

aroushdi wrote:
> Executing Xwin 2 times in a row the second one always fail with unable
> to bind . This did not happen befor . I used to have multiple xsessions
> with multiple hosts. with the new distrib I cannot do that . Only the
> first does not crash
> any idea how to reolve this behaviour .
> thanks for ur help

Here is the infor needed

Version used 6.7.0.0.4
xwin started with the following command-line
Xwin :30 -query hostname1 -dpi 100 -from myhost - once

Xwin.log

Welcome to the XWin X Server
Vendor: The Cygwin/X Project
Release: 6.7.0.0-4

Contact: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com

XWin was started with the following command line:

Xwin :30 -query linux02 -dpi 100 -from icc68651 -once

ddxProcessArgument - Initializing default screens
winInitializeDefaultScreens - w 1280 h 960
winInitializeDefaultScreens - Returning
OsVendorInit - Creating bogus screen 0
_XSERVTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.X11-unix should be set to root

Fatal server error:
Xserver: failed to bind to -from address: icc68651

Command line used to trigger Xwin

"  e:\\cygwin\\bin\\bash.exe -c -l \'run bash -c -l \"CYGWIN=server
Xwin.exe :$port  -query  $host -dpi 100 -from $myhost $fontpath  \&\" \'
  "  ;

This statement works fine with version 4.3.0.57 .