Color support added to HW accelerated cursor

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Tue Apr 27 08:55:00 GMT 2004

Howdy Alexander,

[From your CVS log]
 > CreateIconIndirect sometimes creates an Icon instead of an Cursor. This
breaks
 > the hotspot and makes the cursor unusable. Discard the garbled cursor and
 > revert to simple b&w cursor.

That's got to be one of the strangest things I've seen in a long time.

I'll be damned if under W2K 16bpp modes on my Voodoo 3 cards the cursor
comes back as "ficon=*TRUE*, x/yhot=*16*", but under WinXP it always
returns as a proper cursor, no matter what the bpp.

Have you got any idea what could be going on here?  That's a perfectly fine
workaround you've put in to catch when the OS call silently fails, but I
can't imagine what the root cause would be...

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
  http://www.cdrlabel.com