Newbie seeking help.

Michel Bardiaux mbardiaux@peaktime.be
Tue Aug 24 15:47:00 GMT 2004

bt tan wrote:

> --- bt tan <tanbengtat@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Dear Mike,
>>
>>Here's the output of ./configure

[snip]
>>checking for X... (cached) no
>>checking for X11 header files... checking for X11
>>libraries... checking for XCreateWindow in
>>-lXwindow... (cached) no
>>couldn't find any!  Using -lX11.
>>checking for main in -lXbsd... (cached) no
>>
>>It is indicating it couldn't locate the X11
>>libraries, althought the path I've specified within
>>the windows environment path to includes the
>>following directory
>>

> /usr/X11R6/bin/usr/X11R6/lib/usr/X11R6/X11/lib/usr/X11R6/X11/bin

IIRC configure does *not* use the path to locate X (reason: finding the
X libraries does not indicate where the X headers are!). Run
'./configure --help' and it is very likely there is some argument to
tell where the X stuff is.

Using the path to locate libraries is a Windowism. I suspect cygwin does
*not* do that at all, even for a dlopen (but IANAG)

HaND,
--
Michel Bardiaux
Peaktime Belgium S.A.  Bd. du Souverain, 191  B-1160 Bruxelles