new font support (was: fonts and symbolic links)

Jack Tanner ihok@hotmail.com
Thu Aug 26 20:19:00 GMT 2004

Ago and Igor,

If I understand your recent work correctly, Cygwin/X will (as of the next
release) support using TTF fonts and will automatically have access to the
fonts installed under Windows. This is exciting... I think. But can you
explain the actual impact of this? (What applications would be able to use
this, under what circumstances, where could they be running, and how could a
user make this happen?)

Thanks for all your hard work.

P.S. Does anybody know if you can post to the mailing list via gmane.org's
web interface?