performance question

Eric S. Johansson esj@harvee.org
Fri Aug 27 17:50:00 GMT 2004

this is not directly related to cygwin/X11 but it will be something that
comes up once in a while.

Sometimes performance just sucks.  sometimes I will sit there and watch
applications redraw bits over 10s of seconds.  Yet on my ethernet
interfaces, I have no errors, machine load averages are around .2,
network utilization is relatively low.  Obviously something is not right
but I'm not even sure where to start looking.

like I said.  Not directly related but if there are any references I can
look at, it would be most appreciated.

---eric