X/cygwin and Virtual PC 6

Dr Robert Young rcyoung@aliconsultants.com
Mon Aug 30 21:11:00 GMT 2004

Has anyone tried  Virtual PC 6 ( with Win 2000 as the Windows OS) with
X/cygwin ??? I have basic cygwin working (telnet to remote system, etc)
, but seem to be hanging up on the X display  redirected back to my
system for X apps. The X app just "sits" and there is nothing displayed
back on the (local) X server.

In case you ask "why such a strange combination".... I telecommute to
several clients for database consulting. Each (of course) has their own
flavor of VPN. May of the VPN's from different manufacturer's do not
reside "happily" together on the same box...in fact they hate each
other.

With Virtual PC , I can have 5 different "PCs" , each with its own VPN
software, and I only have to work (or carry) a single laptop.

Usually telnet is the connection method of choice, but I have an Oracle
Universal Installer I need to access remotely, and it is X based.