Xfree86 Removed Packages

Aicha Said(ACES) Aicha.Said@student.shu.ac.uk
Sun Dec 5 17:49:00 GMT 2004

Dear all,

I have installed cygwin but I realised that all Xfree86 package has been
removed, I didn't pay to much attention to that considering that X11 was there.
But when I type the startx command I only have a black X window coming up,
which doesn't seem right, as I had installed it before and it use to be green
and white and with multiple windows, this one is just a prompt in black with
yellow font.
Also I am trying to install ns-2 on this platform and the fact that some of the
xfree libraries are not installed seems to be causing problems.  How coud I
install Xfree separatly from cygwin?

Thanks for any help on this.
Aisha