Not able to Get a Remote Machine after export of display

Krishna Bhushan K krishnabhushank@yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 02:51:00 GMT 2004

Hi All,

This is regarding a problem faced while using Cygwin.
I am not able to open Xterm from a remote machine
after setting the remote
DISPLAY variable to the local one.

Following are the entries in my startxdmcp.bat:

SET DISPLAY=223.221.113.105:0.0 (Local display)
SET REMOTE_HOST=ipshp071
start XWin -kb -query %REMOTE_HOST% -notrayicon
-emulate3buttons -clipboard -unixkill -lesspointer

After i logon to this machine, I telnet to a remote
machine. set the DISPLAY variable there to
223.221.113.105:0.0. open a xterm using Xterm&. It
says "Per display information not found".

Is there any problem with the above entries?
Could anyone please suggest a solution to this
problem.

Thanks,
Krishna Bhushan