startxwin.bat-missing files

robert jacques rj00@networld.com
Mon Feb 9 17:05:00 GMT 2004

After downloading and installing cygwin the user guides directs you on how
to start cygwin.

One method is to run /usr/X11R6/bin/startxwin.bat by double-clicking it in
Windows Explorer.
"startxwin.bat". However, I get the followining 2 error messages:
               1)"required .DLL file, CYGCYGIPC-2.DLL, was not found.
                2)"required .DLL file, CYGWIN1.DLL, was not found.

I have followed the istallation documention to the letter!

Q. Do I need to install cygwinX?

OS- windows98
Packages- inetutils, openssh, Xfree86-base (all set to default )
mirror-mirrors.xmission.com

                           Best Regards,
                           RJ