different resolutions on different monitors

Chad Haynes haynesc@mail.rockefeller.edu
Wed Feb 11 21:38:00 GMT 2004

I am using 2 monitors, one with 1280x1024 and the other with 1024x768.
When I start the X server using the -multiwindow option then start an
app (such as xterm) the application always opens in the top corner of
the smaller monitor at a point where the top of the window is off the
screen.  I can't get to the title bar to move the window so in order to
see everything I have to tile or cascade the windows which is a pain.
Is there some way to set the default location on the screen the windows
open?

Thanks for the help.

-Chad