What/ where is cygXt-6.dll ? A newly made app can't find it!

Keith Gunderson kegunder@avalon.net
Thu Feb 12 15:18:00 GMT 2004

Hello.  I was taking a crack at building Xephem 3.5.2 on my newly
updated Win2000 / cygwin box (with Lesstif.)

The program will make just fine, but when I run it the standard "path
error" dialog appears complaining that it can't find cygXt-6.dll  From
what I've seen, this is the Xt widget set... or no?

Any pointers on where this stuff is or how I should make the app to
statically link in Xt would be appriciated.  I remember seeing the
libXt.a library on the system, BTW.

Doing a cygcheck on the app causes the following:

$ cygcheck.exe xephem
Found: D:\cygwin\bin\xephem.exe
D:/cygwin/bin/xephem.exe
  D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygICE-6.dll
    D:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
      D:\WINNT\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
        D:\WINNT\system32\NTDLL.DLL
        D:\WINNT\system32\KERNEL32.DLL
        D:\WINNT\system32\RPCRT4.DLL
  D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygSM-6.dll
  D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygX11-6.dll
  D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXm-2.dll
    D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXft-2.dll
      D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXrender-1.dll
        D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXext-6.dll
      D:\cygwin\bin\cygfontconfig-1.dll
        D:\cygwin\bin\cygexpat-0.dll
        D:\cygwin\bin\cygfreetype-6.dll
          D:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll
      D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygfreetype-9.dll
    D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\cygXp-6.dll
Error: could not find cygXt-6.dll
Error: could not find cygXt-6.dll
Error: could not find cygXt-6.dll