New windowing code

Massimiliano Hofer max@nucleus.it
Sun Feb 22 13:53:00 GMT 2004

On Saturday February 21 2004 2:34 pm, Takuma Murakami wrote:

> This should fix the following problems about windowing.
> 1) Maximize->Minimize->Maximize loses the window contents.
> 2) After 1, window size cannot be correctly restored.
> 3) Left and top borders does not resize but move the window.
> 4) Moved window occasionally fails to update its contents.
>
> A note for test: if you compile it from CVS, you need to do
> 'touch winallpriv.c' after 'cvs update' or XWin.exe crashes
> on exiting.
>
> Any comments, questions, test/bug reports will be
> greatly appreciated.

The new code seems to fix the problems for me. I had easily reproducible
problems and the new version never exhibited them during my tests.

I had just one minor glitch in non maximized windows with shadowed popup
menues, where, for some reason, a couple of lines is drawn on the main window
title bar. This happened only with CrossOver applications and may be due to
the way commands are converted from GDI to X, producing unusal usage
patterns. If you need snapshots or debug info, please let me know.

Great work. Thank you!

--
Bye,
   Massimiliano Hofer