MultiWindow Mode: stty speed = 0 on xterm cause rlogin to fail

Danilo Turina danilo.turina@alcatel.it
Wed Feb 25 11:37:00 GMT 2004

Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Danilo Turina wrote:
>

>>In effect this modification solves the problem for rlogins launched
>>manually by an xterm, but I does not affect at all commands inserted
>>into .XWinrc (they look like "xterm -e rlogin machine -l user").
>>
>>I tried several ways to put the speed to 38400 for those menu entries
>>but I have always failed.
>>
>>Is there a way to do that?
>

> A shell script could do that (which in turn does the rlogin, etc.)

In effect I use a script to open the terminals, but if I try to put
"stty 38400" into that script it does not work when invoked by the XWin
menu, it reports an error related to the fact that stdin is not a terminal.

--
Danilo Turina