emacs paste from windows

Elvin Peterson elvin_peterson@yahoo.com
Thu Feb 26 18:01:00 GMT 2004

--- Ehud Karni wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:41:23, Elvin Peterson
> <elvin_peterson(at)yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Does the clipboard paste from Windows to Emacs
> under X
> > work?  I am able to paste from Emacs to Windows
> > programs, but nothing happends when I try the
> reverse.
>
> It works for me.
>
> Check 2 things:
> 1. That you use the clipboard with Xwin (-clipboard)
> in startxwin.
>    From your ability to paste into windows it seems
> it is set.

I have found a workaround for the issue.  I didn't
want X to be a server to I used the "-nolisten tcp"
option.  Now, this option is executed successfully.
However, it seems that this causes paste from windows
to fail.  If I start X without the "-nolisten tcp"
option, I am able to paste without any problems.

I don't want to run X as a server.  Can anyone explain
this behavior?

Thanks.