X server does not connect

Frank Thiel thiel@jkg-neuss.de
Sun Jan 4 13:04:00 GMT 2004

Hello,
I did download Cygwin-Xfee and install on Win-XP Notebook 128 MB RAM Celeron
Processor. After installing I want to connect to my Linux-machine doing:
c:\cygwin\usr\x11r6\bin\Xwin -query IPNUMBER

The X-server starts, but does not connect to remote machine. (Grey screen with
"x")

To rule out network trouble, I installed the demo of the commercial WinAxe and
this Xserver does connect. Again, I installed CygWin Xfree on another
notebook, same hardware (but 256 MB Ram) and it did connect.

Somehow it might be, that some installation parts are missing ? I did choose
the Xfee package and all libs...

Frank
Germany