X11 Selections

Alexander Gottwald Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Jan 4 14:07:00 GMT 2004

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> The new code solves problem #1, but it does nothing for #2, since we
> still need an X Client connection to receive the contents of the
> selection

This one is quite complex: Hook into ProcSendEvent and catch Selection*
events for the rootwindow (or the fake window id)

> and we still need Xlib to convert the selection into the desired format.

Which conversions are these? Can they be done by other libraries or by using
connection idependent code from libX11 (which could be staticly linked)

bye
    ago

NP: Welle:Erdball - Feindsender 64,3
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723