IPC not configured

Darryl Scott darryls@productcosting.com
Mon Jan 5 18:08:00 GMT 2004

Hi!

I have recently been starting to use cygwin on a Windows 2003 server. The
UNIX code has been ported using Interix, windows services for UNIX. This
does not come with an X-server.

The port has been very straightforward. The single user X applications work
A-OK. I am having problems with the multi-user versions which make use of
IPC. When I try starting say message queues within cygwin and check with
ipcs the system states that the kernel has not been configured for IPC.

IPC started via c-shell in Interix are active and X-apps in cygwin start
and put a message on to a queue, the other end of the queue is not read and
so the app hangs.

If anyone could point me to documentation I will be delighted.

Thank you in anticipation

Darryl