Updated: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-31

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Jan 5 19:48:00 GMT 2004

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Andrew Braverman wrote:
>

>>I just tried running this version and it crashes.  I get a normal looking
>>stuff at the beginning of the XWin.log file and then get one line telling
>>me:
>>	winClipboardWindowProc - WM_DRAWCLIPBOARD - Initializing - Returning.
>>Then I get 64K + lines (total size of log file is 65072 lines) of:
>>	winProcSetSelectionOwner - We changed ownership, aborting.
>>
>>Does anyone have any ideas?
>

> Noticed this too. It happend after sever reset.

Hmm... I guess I didn't tell you guys that server resets were not
supported, right?  :)

I already had a fix in my code base for this last night.  The problem is
that the server functions vectors are only setup once, but I keep
wrapping the function each time the server resets.  I added an if
(serverGeneration == 1) to my local code last night, just after I posted
the 4.3.0-31 release.  That should stop the multiple wrapping from
happening, which is causing the crash.